Posted May 06, 2020 12:00:16 The 2020 earthquake that killed nearly 6,000 people was one of the worst in modern times, but the effects of its impact on the future are yet to be felt.
It is estimated that around 60,000 homes and businesses in the area were damaged, and the region is still reeling from the economic damage from the quake.
The earthquake was centred in the town of Ncenor in the east of the country, about 300km from the coast, and caused a wave of mudslides.
More than 600 people have died, and about 12,000 were left homeless.
The quake also devastated parts of Nfangeni province, which has been a hotspot for earthquakes and tsunamis.
There is a strong possibility that another quake will hit the country in the future.
Ncenors quake caused mudslide in Nfongeni province.
At least 3,500 people were evacuated from Nceno, a city of more than 1,500 residents, as a precaution, the Department of Local Government in Ncena said.
In the past, earthquakes have struck the area but usually not at the same time.
One of the most severe earthquakes of the 20th century, the 2010 Mwembe quake in South Africa, caused $7bn worth of damage and displaced more than 700,000.
A 2010 quake in Botswana killed over 1,100 people, but it was not the largest ever recorded.
“We have a huge area that was completely destroyed,” Zola Zulu, head of the National Disaster Planning Centre in Ndzembe, said.
“There were so many people that were buried and we are just trying to gather everything that is left.”
A tsunami hit Ndza-Mwembo in South African territory in the late 1980s.
Zulu said the disaster would affect many areas and that the next quake could be worse.
Most of the region, including Nceni, was covered by a tsunami warning.
Residents of Ndziadze are evacuating from their homes in a bid to avoid the mudslings.
But many in Nenziadzwa, a village on the main road into Ncensi, have already made their way back home.
Local politicians have set up tents in the village, and many people are already moving away to shelters.
Many people are moving back home to Ncenes city.
People are moving away from Nenzidze.
They are moving out of Nnafuza, where a small community of around 1,000 lives.
After a massive mudslap last year in Ntandulu, a town of around 600 people, in southern South Africa’s Democratic Republic of the Congo, many of the people moved to other parts of the nation, but some stayed in the muds and decided to remain in the capital.
While some of the displaced have been allowed to return home, many others have been unable to return.
Some people are still living in tents in Nnabeni, the capital of Nenznadze province, where people have set their own plans for the future, including moving to neighbouring Nambo state.
President Zuma is scheduled to address the nation in the coming days on the impact of the disaster.